Mechanic III (Electrician)
Fort Dodge is a city of 26,000 people located just an hour and a half north of Des Moines, three and a half hours south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, and 6 hours west of Chicago and is considered a regional hub for retail, recreation, and industry. The city is rapidly expanding in terms of population growth and economic development.
The Fort Dodge Purina plant has been providing growth opportunities and stability to countless employees since 1975. We are deeply involved in the Fort Dodge community, providing not only careers but also shared value through our donations to local and national charities, animal shelters, schools, and medical centers, and participation in public events.
The Fort Dodge plant is a wet manufacturing facility that produces 5.5 ounce canned Friskies pet food and is one of the strongest in the division. 5.5 ounce cans are a customer favorite and keep the facility running at full capacity year round.
Most importantly, our plant upholds a strong safety ethic which is strengthened by the participation of each and every employee. When you join the Purina plant at Fort Dodge, you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
- Knowledge of various tools is required for fabrication and repair of plant electrical systems including hand tools, lifts, threaders, benders, drills, and welding equipment
- Ability to complete lock out/tag out requirements for safety
- Apply basic electrical and electronic principals in the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of plant systems to identify root cause and implement solutions for equipment reliability
- Continuous understanding and adherence to latest plant electrical standards and procedures including those for hazardous (Classified) Locations, N.E.C (National Electric Code) and plant wiring standards
- Proper use of basic diagnostic equipment including mulitimeter, ammeter, megger, signal generator, rotation tester, and oscilloscope
- Properly install conduit, raceway, fittings, etc.
- Install, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on switch gear, control wiring and components, overcurrent and overload protection for plant motor(s) including three phase systems
- Read and update electrical prints and documentation
- Program, and troubleshoot plant programmable logic controllers, motion controllers, robotics, input/output devices, and associated equipment
- Troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance on plant electrical and electronic equipment to competent level including operator interfaces, process controllers, power supplies, etc.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- 2 year electrical degree
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with 3+ years' electrical experience
Job: Mechanic III (Electrician)
Primary Location: Fort Dodge, IA US
Career Area: Hourly