Food Safety Team Leader (Quality Assurance)
Not only is Purina an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in Quality Assurance. We’re backed by a 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation.
We’re recognized at the top of the QA ladder within the greater Nestlé organization, the world’s largest food company. In the Food Safety Team Leader (Quality Assurance) role, you will be responsible for the management, compliance, sustainability and continuous improvement for the factory’s Product Safety and Food Safety Programs. Your leadership will assure that all products are manufactured, packaged, stored and shipped under safe and wholesome conditions. A strong understanding of HACCP, sanitation programs, Good Manufacturing Practices, and auditing and food safety inspection is necessary to fulfill the requirement of the position.
As a culture that continuously challenges us to Stand Tall and think “What’s Next?”, we’ll empower you to challenge the status quo in quality. Join a company that believes in bettering our work every day to enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them!
- Develop, implement, and maintain the factory sanitation programs to ensure that all products are manufactured in a sanitary environment
- Coordinate training and development of employees for all factory food safety programs
- Manage the factory foreign material prevention and detection programs.
- Coordinate cost effective treatment plans and schedules for all departments to comply with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Ensure there is an effective sanitary/hygienic design process and provide leadership by working with engineering and maintenance departments
- Ensure compliance to the Food Safety Management System requirements
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in food science or related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years working with food safety or quality assurance in a food manufacturing facility
Job: Food Safety Team Leader (Quality Assurance)
Primary Location: St. Joseph, MO US
Career Area: Professional