Audit at Nestlé isn’t your typical financial auditing – it’s operational. That means we use a systematic approach to review the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of operations across the business. We’re not just auditing Nestlé Purina’s internal business units (e.g. Human Resources, Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.); we’re auditing ALL of Nestlé – the factories, distribution centers, headquarters and satellite offices.
As one of our Audit Interns, you’ll become part of a close family we call the Nestlé Market Audit (NMA) group. We’re a melting pot of sorts – we’re from all across the country. Some of us have accounting degrees, or are working toward them, and others of us have backgrounds in the sciences or engineering. But, that’s what makes our mix work; having enough different brains and skill sets in the room so we approach every audit at different vantage points. Since we’re operational auditors, we’re looking at everything with an analytical mind and an eye on efficiency and opportunity for improvement.
Our auditors travel up to 50% of the time – and for you it’s no different. You’ll be assigned to a team of 4 or 5 others who will take you under their wing working together to complete the full cycle of an audit. You’ll plan for three weeks prior to the audit, travel to an assigned location with your team and remain there for 3 weeks auditing various factors, which could include our safety programs, cloud computing systems, human resources processes, etc. At the conclusion of the audit, you’ll return to your home base in St. Louis, MO to wrap up the audit, evaluate the process and receive feedback.
Real-world audits. Real impact. And a vibrant, fun culture you won’t find with any other audit group. Are you up to the dare? Join our Nestlé family.
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B or OPT visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States now and in the future.
- Participate in all aspects of team-based internal control reviews of Nestlé information systems/technologies, applications, brand websites, security and data centers to ensure identified risk areas are properly controlled
- Assist the audit planning, reviews and assessment of business risk
- Utilize data analysis tools (i.e., ACL, IDEA, Microsoft Office) and techniques against master and transactional data files to deliver comprehensive exception reporting against Nestlé policies
- Present findings and recommendations in meetings with team members and clients
- Assist in Control Framework initiatives to review SAP role assignments to ensure approved segregation of duties cases are mitigated and allocation of highly sensitive roles are appropriate
- Gain knowledge, awareness and understanding of the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Enrolled in a full time undergraduate or graduate program majoring in business, accounting, finance, internal audit, or related field of study
- Graduating between fall 2018 and spring 2019 from that graduate or undergraduate program
- Cumulative GPA 3.0
- Able to work 12 full-time consecutive weeks during summer 2018
- Willing to travel up to 60%
- Prior internship experience is a plus
- Enrolled in an IIA Accredited Center for Internal Auditing Excellence program is a plus
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B, OPT, visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States now and in the future.
Job: Audit Intern
Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US
Career Area: Campus