IS/IT Audit Intern
Our Internal Auditors are part of a close family we call the Nestlé Market Audit (NMA) group. They arrive here with varied functional backgrounds that range Information Systems and Management of Information Systems to sciences, such as chemistry and engineering – an eclectic collection of skills that fits nicely within IT audits throughout the world’s largest Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. NMA is a shared service across all Nestlé business units, which means they audit Purina®, but also every other Nestlé® operating company in the United States, Canada and Mexico. This makes for fascinating experiences – reviewing dry dog food production one audit and pizza the next. You’ll work alongside these Auditors to get a hands-on approach as to how our NMA group operates over the course of 12 weeks in St. Louis, Missouri. Throughout the program, you’ll be paired up with Senior Auditors that will provide guidance and mentoring. At the end of the summer, you’ll present to the group on your overall experience and key concepts learned.
Internal Auditors travel up to 50% of the time, and because of this, they accrue deep knowledge of the business very quickly. This makes them rare and valuable assets who intimately understand and experience every aspect and area of both the Purina® business and greater Nestlé. With this deep knowledge, we empower auditors to develop their own career paths, whether it be with us or another one of our Nestlé operating companies, like Nespresso®, NUSA, Nestle Waters® or Nestle Nutrition® among others. Internal auditing is a career of constant learning, where each new audit raises unique challenges. So, we commit to developing you in every way every day so you’re prepared join us on a full time basis upon graduation. We’re very proud of our track record of making full-time offers of employment to our interns and developing them into our future business leaders.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to stand taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare?
- Participate in all aspects of team-based internal control reviews of Nestlé information systems/technologies, applications, brand websites, security and data centers to ensure identified risk areas are properly controlled
- Assist the audit planning, reviews and assessment of business risk
- Utilize data analysis tools (i.e., ACL, IDEA, Microsoft Office) and techniques against master and transactional data files to deliver comprehensive exception reporting against Nestlé policies
- Present findings and recommendations in meetings with team members and clients
- Assist in Control Framework initiatives to review SAP role assignments to ensure approved segregation of duties cases are mitigated and allocation of highly sensitive roles are appropriate.
- Gain knowledge, awareness and understanding of the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program majoring in information systems, information technology, internal audit, or related field of study
- Graduating between fall 2018 and spring 2019 from that graduate or undergraduate program
- Cumulative GPA 3.0
- Able to work 12 full-time consecutive weeks during summer 2018
- Willing to travel up to 60%
- Prior internship experience is a plus
- Enrolled in an IIA Accredited Center for Internal Auditing Excellence program is a plus
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Job: IS/IT Audit Intern
Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US
Career Area: Campus