Controls Technical Specialist II
The Controls Technical Specialist II will join our Nestlé PURINA PetCare factory in Crete, NE - one of the largest wet pet food manufacturing facilities in the U.S. as a mass producer of over three million cans of wet pet food per day, which include our Alpo®, Purina ONE®, Pro Plan®, Friskies® and Purina Veterinary Diets® brands. With the city of Lincoln just 25 miles from the factory, many of our associates find convenience in larger-city living in Lincoln and embrace the short commute to the quainter city of Crete.
In this key role, you will provide control system support for day-today manufacturing operations. You will do this by troubleshooting electrical and controls-related issues, engage in control system software changes and upgrades and participate in capital project implementations. In addition, you will support plant and divisional initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
Our people are our most important asset and – true to our culture – we believe investing in our talent is investing in our shared future. If your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
- Develop PLC, HMI and SCADA solutions for plant operation adherent to corporate standards
- Identify and develop controls systems solutions that comply with all standards and requirements at all levels of project development
- Support safety objectives and goals by following all safety policies and procedures; attend safety and functional training, perform BBS observations, follow NGMP’s
- Design and facilitate updates in automation technology from requirements given by operations personnel
- Provide programming and electrical support on plant capital projects
- Implement control systems software upgrade
- Assist maintenance with staff training and development
- Install and troubleshoot plant floor computer software and hardware
- Support maintenance with electrical calibrations, equipment failures, plc failures, safety systems, networking, and motion control
- Be fully involved in and actively participate in all Nestle Purina programs and initiatives. These include but are not limited to TPM, Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE), QMS and any other initiatives identified as a Plant priority
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Associate degree in a technical discipline
- 5+ years’ experience with electrical troubleshooting, PLC logic troubleshooting and programming, technical data interpretation, and hardware application specification
Job: Controls Technical Specialist II
Primary Location: Crete, NE US
Career Area: Professional