Maintenance Mechanic “C” (Packaging)
We’re a “safety first” culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. As a leading pet food manufacturer, and one of the largest manufacturers within the area of Davenport, Iowa, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger Pet Care Category. Over 100 years in existence, we’ve grown our passionate Purina Family as we’ve grown the breadth of our business. As a Maintenance Mechanic, you’ll join our factory in the Quad Cities area, which manufactures a large portion of Purina’s dry portfolio of pet food, including Puppy Chow®, Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Kitten Chow®, Cat Chow®, Friskies® and Purina ONE® among leading brands.
Your role in the bigger picture is to handle all mechanical maintenance tasks whether routine, critical or preventative to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. Your focus will be our packaging department working with High Speed packaging equipment, palletizers, robotics and light electrical controls. Your training will be completed on the day shift. Once trained and qualified (normally around a year) you may be transferred to another shift. Although your role is critical in our continuous improvement and success, so is your work-life balance. Work isn’t all there is to life and we wouldn’t have it any other way. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next?”
- Maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair as needed packaging department equipment which will include HS Packaging lines, palletizers, robotics and light electrical controls, etc.
- Work safely at all times
- Look for continuous improvement, ideas to improve safety, reliability, quality, throughput and energy
- Work with engineers on capital upgrades as needed
- Complete any other assigned maintenance duties as directed
- Continue training as necessary to keep up current with technology
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ years of Maintenance experience in an industrial environment
Job: Maintenance Mechanic “C” (Packaging)
Primary Location: Davenport, IA US
Career Area: Hourly