The Safety Manager will join our factory family in Mechanicsburg, built in 1969, is located just eight miles west of Pennsylvania’s state capital of Harrisburg. Unique to this factory, it’s situated at a transportation crossroads where three of the U.S.’s most heavily-traveled interstate highways traverse the region. With 40 percent of the U.S. population located within 500 miles, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., this area offers our associates both small-town living with quick and easy access to the “purrrrr-ks” of a big city.
Our Mechanicsburg factory is one of the largest manufacturers in the area and produces a large portion of Purina’s dry pet food portfolio, including Puppy Chow®, Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Pro Plan®, Alpo®, Kitten Chow®, Cat Chow®, Friskies®, Purina ONE® and Kit ‘N Kaboodle. In this specific role, you’ll safely produce quality products at the right rate and the right time, by leading continuous improvement processes and implementing tools to achieved desired goals.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to Stand Taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare? Join our Purina Family.
- Responsible for meeting Accident Rate and Workers’ Compensation Objectives. Develop Safety awareness programs, motivational and communication programs, which promote safety and assist in reducing accident and injury rate objectives
- Responsible for the administration of workers’ compensation program, to minimize claims cost, reduce lost time and direct return to work program
- Coordinate investigations of injuries, near misses and property damage incidents. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records are maintained
- Provide training materials to all departments to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local Regulations and Nestle standards
- Develop and update written standards in required areas to include but not limited to respiratory, confined space, Hazard communication, hearing conservation, and ergonomics. Provide emergency preparedness for all other programs mandated by OSHA, EPA, and Nestle
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations for safe plant operations
- Ensure all record keeping and reporting functions are completed accurately and submitted to proper agency in a timely manner
- Coordinate and serve as owner of Plant Emergency Organization. Ensure PEO members receives required safety, health and response training
- Develop and update written standards for Contractors compliance to all Federal, state, local, and plant safe work requirements
- Monitor, assess, and provide follow-up for recommendations Risk insurance carrier requirements for plant operations
- Direct, evaluate, and ensure that Nestle required Safety audits are implemented and completed
- Participate in the Nestle Purina PetCare safety related programs.
- Coordinate with Human Resources in areas of Safety, Workers’ Compensation, Medical management, and other programs that effect the well being of employees and the operation
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years people leadership experience
Job: Safety Manager
Primary Location: Mechanicsburg, PA US
Career Area: Professional