Packing Mechanic-Clinton IA
• Meets all Safety, Health, Quality and Environmental requirements when performing job duties.
• Participates in NCE initiatives through operational Reviews (SHO, DOR, Functional Reviews, etc.) and NCE Methodology.
• Work overtime and weekends as required.
Work safely at all times. Follow all safety policies and procedures. Attend safety, team and plant-wide meetings; attend safety and functional training, perform SafeStart observations.
% OF TIME
• Keep work area and shop clean 3%
• Understanding of basic electricity through course work, oral and OJT assignments 3%
• Follow of daily time slip procedures 2%
• Working knowledge of all plant electrical systems, plant welding code, plant item numbering system, and plant disconnect numbering system. Comply with the Plant Electrical Standards without supervision. Store room procedures and SAP Roles 5%
• Familiarity with basic troubleshooting instruments 2%
o Volt/Ohm meter
o Mearuring Tools
• Troubleshoot three phase motor systems and electronic automotion systems 2%
• Replace simple electrical devices, such as, motors, fuses, and switches with minimal supervision 5%
• Knowledge of all plant equipment and material flow through oral review and OJT assignment 10%
• Perform basic acetylene cutting and welding operations and soldering 5%
• Properly lubricate plant equipment 5%
• Make mechanical and electrical repair on all plant packing equipment with minimal supervision 10%
• Install AC and DC motors 2%
• Perform both arc and gas welding procedures to weld different material thicknesses using various positioning techniques 8%
• Layout and fabricate simple spouts, transitions and guards 8%
• Troubleshoot, provide repair, or replace any mechanical equipment with minimal supervision 10%
• Perform product size changeovers on packing lines, case makers, sealers, case packers, glues and other packing machinery with minimal supervision 10%
• General Mechanical trouble shooting abilities 8%
• Other job duties as assigned 2%
• Education: High School diploma or GED. AA Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Experience: (Years/Type) Four years related work experience. Must meet qualifications as outlined in progression plan.
• Other: Must be authorized to work in the United States. A policy exists which prohibits hiring of immediate relatives.