Maintenance Electrician-Clinton IA
• Troubleshoot, repair and PM all electrical equipment in the factory safely.
• Meets all Safety, Health, Quality and Environmental requirements when performing job duties.
• Participates in NCE initiatives through operational Reviews (SHO, DOR, Functional Reviews, etc.) and NCE Methodology.
• Work overtime and weekends as required.
Work safely at all times. Follow all safety policies and procedures. Attend safety, team and plant-wide meetings; attend safety and functional training, perform SafeStart observations. Must be able to accurately distinguish colors.
• Understand and follow plant sanitation practices and procedures including primary work areas and maintenance shop
• Ability to effectively communicate to/with other team members as it pertains to plant operations
• Use Maintenance practices for storeroom ordering, work order(s) and daily time entry
• Properly use Maintenance equipment including hand tools, lifts, threaders, benders, drill(s) and welding equipment
• Apply basic electrical and electronic principals in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Plant Systems
• Understand and follow the latest plant electrical standards and procedures including those for Hazardous (Classified) Locations, Division 16 Standards, N.E.C. (National Electric Code) and plant wiring standards 5%
• Properly use basic diagnostic equipment including volt/ohm meter, wiggie, ammeter and megger
• Properly install conduit, raceways, fittings, etc
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain switch gear, control wiring and components, overcurrent and overload protection for plant motor(s) including three phase systems
• Read, update and create electrical prints and documentation
• Design, program and troubleshoot plant programmable logic controllers, input/output devices and associated equipment
• Troubleshoot and maintain plant electrical and electronic equipment to competent level including operator interfaces, process controllers, power supplies, etc
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of all plant equipment and material flow
• Demonstrate ability and desire to stay abreast of new technology and equipment as it pertains to plant operations
• Perform other job duties as assigned
• Attend safety, team and plant wide meetings: attend safety and functional training: perform safestart observations
• Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Associates Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Experience: (Years/Type) 2 years industrial electronics or related electrical experience
• Skills: Applied knowledge of single phase and (3) phase electrical power, basic PLC programming and ability to diagnosis and repair electrical circuits in a high volume manufacturing environment.
• Other: Must be authorized to work in the United States. A policy exists which prohibits hiring of immediate relatives.