Controls Technical Specialist I
The Controls Technical Specialist I will join our Nestlé PURINA PetCare factory in Crete, NE - one of the largest wet pet food manufacturing facilities in the U.S. as a mass producer of over three million cans of wet pet food per day, which include our Alpo®, Purina ONE®, Pro Plan®, Friskies® and Purina Veterinary Diets® brands. With the city of Lincoln just 25 miles from the factory, many of our associates find convenience in larger-city living in Lincoln and embrace the short commute to the quainter city of Crete.
In this key role, you will provide control system support for day-today manufacturing operations. You will do this by troubleshooting, maintaining and enhancing the accuracy, reliability and system control’s data credibility of PLC and PC based automation systems. You will oversee PLC upgrades and wiring modifications on production equipment and work directly with our maintenance team to troubleshoot and support production line modifications.
Our people are our most important asset and – true to our culture – we believe investing in our talent is investing in our shared future. If your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
- Work safely at all times. Support safety objectives and goals. Follow all safety policies and procedures; attend safety and functional training, perform BBS observations, follow NGMP’s
- Configure, program and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
- Identify and develop controls systems solutions that comply with all standards and requirements at all levels of project development.
- Develop PLC, HMI and SCADA solutions for plant operation adherent to corporate standards
- Provide programming and electrical support on plant capital projects
- Implement control systems software upgrade
- Provides instrumentation, PLC and HMI/SCADA software and hardware support to plant maintenance staff
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Associate degree in a technical discipline
- 1+ years’ experience with electrical troubleshooting, PLC logic troubleshooting and programming, technical data interpretation, and hardware application specification
Job: Controls Technical Specialist I
Primary Location: Crete, NE US
Career Area: Professional