Manufacturing is the very core of our business. The Processing/Packing Operator in Dunkirk, NY will have their hands in it all – Responsible for operation of equipment in the unloading, grinding, processing, and packing areas and production of quality product on time and at optimum production rates. Join the Nestlé Purina Family to support something so much greater – bettering the lives of pets everywhere. Responsibilities may include one or more of the following areas: mix, slurry or packaging.
Must be willing to work all shifts.
- Operate slurring batching and whole grain grinding equipment
- Unloads minor ingredients and stores in appropriate areas
- Performs material handler functions (trash, handling, recycling, inventories, and sanitation duties) as required
- Performs quality checks as required, enters results in GPMQ, and performs SAP transactions
- Relieves batch, unloaders, processing, and packing operators as required
- Performs quality checks as required and enters results into pack QA
- Performs equipment changeovers per schedule
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing/production environment, warehouse environment, or agricultural environment
- 2+ years of military experience
Job: Operations General
Primary Location: Dunkirk, NY US
Career Area: Hourly