Territory Manager (Purina Sales)
Looking to break into a Fortune 500 company? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset that will help you excel in sales, merchandising and the analytical aspects related to product on the retail shelf? In this role as a Territory Manager, you’ll work to generate incremental sales, optimize shelf and store conditions, identify and close distribution opportunities, increase inventory and foster long-standing relationships with some of our partners, including Petco and PetSmart within our Pet Specialty Group (PSG).
As an industry leader with some of the most trusted brands on the retail shelf, your customers will turn to you, as the subject matter expert, to lead the march in achieving top sales goals. You’ll manage your given territory like your own business. However, you’ll work cohesively and collaboratively with your customers and fellow Purina teammates to drive home the real reason you’re here – to help us set the industry standard in customer service and remain a leader in pet care. This role will successfully lead into sales analytics, account management and analyst roles. Join a high-performing team that will support your career growth and encourage you to continuously improve. Our culture always challenges us to think “What’s Next?” So if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
We are proud of our active military service members, and our current associates who have served. We do consider military experience. Please apply for full consideration. Thank you for your service.
• Promote and sell Purina products, which includes generating incremental sales
• Develop and foster business relationships with Store Managers and key decision makers
• Develop and recommend strategies designed to improve the overall effectiveness of the territory and/or business activities
• Optimize retail shelf and store conditions at all retail outlets
• Maximize inventory at retail outlets – build stock and product displays
• Execute customer-specific promotional plans
• Re-stocking shelves and/or creating store displays with product that may weigh up to 50 pounds
• ANALYTICS & DATA
• Prepare for retail sales visits by obtaining and analyzing relevant store, product and market data
• Utilize data tools to identify and close distribution opportunities
• Make recommendations to achieve 100% distribution on in-stock and new-items
Perform all other duties as required.
We have four regions available. Candidate must be willing to relocate or reside throughout their desired region. During the phone interview we will discuss your preferred regions.
• Northeast- Territories include: Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, East Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and the Washington DC Metro area.
• Southeast- Territories include: Pennsylvania, Ohio (southern part), North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Northern Virginia.
• West- Territories include: California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico.
• Midwest- Territories include: Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio (northern part).
Territory will cover your assigned city location and the surrounding area up to a 300 mile radius.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Must have or obtain a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution by May 2016.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing preferred.
1+ years of sales experience or an internship preferred.
Business Development; Financial Management; Selling Skills; Team Dynamics
• You are required to have a valid state driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record and carry automobile insurance in the following amounts:
o $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
o $300,000 bodily injury liability per occurrence
o $50,000 property damage
• In order to be considered for this role, you must be willing to relocate within the Midwest region:
o If you currently reside in the territory for which you receive an offer, you will need to be open to relocate for future advancement opportunities.
o If you currently do not reside in the territory, you will need to relocate to the territory upon offer acceptance and for future advancement opportunities.
o Relocation assistance will be provided for those that qualify.
• Must be able to travel, including overnight as needed to manage the assigned territory (3+ nights per month).
• Must have reliable transportation in order to manage the assigned territory.
• Able to lift 50 lbs of product.
• We offer a competitive base salary, an annual bonus program and comprehensive benefits package
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Extensive on-the-job training
• Company cell phone and computer provided
• Access to Nestle Purina Credit Union
• Leadership and career development opportunities
Job: Territory Manager (Purina Sales)
Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US
Career Area: Professional