Fort Dodge is a city of 26,000 people located just an hour and a half north of Des Moines, three and a half hours south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, and 6 hours west of Chicago. As a regional hub for retail, recreation, and industry, the city is rapidly expanding in terms of population growth and economic development.
The Fort Dodge Purina plant has been providing growth opportunities and stability to countless employees since 1975. We are deeply involved in the Fort Dodge community, providing not only careers but also shared value through our donations to local and national charities, animal shelters, schools, and medical centers.
The Fort Dodge plant is a wet manufacturing facility that produces 5.5 ounce canned Friskies pet food and is one of the strongest in the division. The products are a customer favorite and keep the facility running at full capacity year round.
Most importantly, our plant upholds a strong safety ethic which is strengthened by the participation of each and every employee. When you join the Purina plant at Fort Dodge, you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
- May train on and be placed into any production job at the factory including Operator Process, Operator Relief and Operator Line
- Possesses a technical understanding of industrial equipment operation which might include having the ability to troubleshoot alarms or jams on machines
- Can effectively troubleshoot equipment, process or product problems
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing concepts, 5S practices and continuous improvement operations is ideal
- Is able to operate or learn to operate a fork lift truck
- Is able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Knows or is able to learn and consistently follow GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Supports the NCE (Nestlé Continuous Excellence) process, TPM (Total Performance Management) and the North America Blueprint for Success
- Conducts general sanitation activities including being trained in emptying hoppers and baler
- Has the ability to run reports and manage data using computer-based technology
Perform all other duties as assigned.
This position could be a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift. Shifts are 8 hours.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Manufacturing experience is preferred
Job: Operator Process
Primary Location: Fort Dodge, IA US
Career Area: Hourly