Sanitation (Clean Up Crew)
Fort Dodge is a city of 26,000 people located just an hour and a half north of Des Moines, three and a half hours south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, and 6 hours west of Chicago. As a regional hub for retail, recreation, and industry, the city is rapidly expanding in terms of population growth and economic development.
The Fort Dodge Purina plant has been providing growth opportunities and stability to countless employees since 1975. We are deeply involved in the Fort Dodge community, providing not only careers but also shared value through our donations to local and national charities, animal shelters, schools, and medical centers.
The Fort Dodge plant is a wet manufacturing facility that produces 5.5 ounce canned Friskies pet food and is one of the strongest in the division. The products are a customer favorite and keep the facility running at full capacity year round.
Most importantly, our plant upholds a strong safety ethic which is strengthened by the participation of each and every employee. When you join the Purina plant at Fort Dodge, you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
- Responsible for handling, formulation and dispensing of plant cleaning chemicals and caustics & acids
- Application of cleaning chemicals to plant equipment and structures in the production area by using manual hand tools to ensure sanitation effectiveness
- Disassembly/Reassembly of valves, guards, various other equipment, and piping for sanitation/Production and inspection
- Perform Clean in Place (CIP) on production lines
- Use of vacuums and brushes in storage areas plant wide
- Basic general maintenance and sanitation as it relates to equipment, facilities and grounds
- Participate in regular handling, transportation, and storage of recycled materials
- Operation of production equipment for cleanup/startup including Genie Boom, Forklift, Scissor Lift, & Foamer. Clean and maintain drive scrubbers as well as any other lifts and equipment
- Work in confined spaces to remove and clean product from equipment
- Supports the NCE (Nestlé Continuous Excellence) process, TPM (Total Performance Management) and the North America Blueprint for Success
- Operate computer systems and touch screen automation systems.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
Perform all other duties as assigned.
This position is 3rd shift. Shifts are 12 hours.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Industrial sanitation experience preferred
Job: Sanitation (Clean Up Crew)
Primary Location: Fort Dodge, IA US
Career Area: Hourly