Warehouse Team Leader
For more than 100 years, Purina has been revolutionizing pet food production, and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, mastering new production techniques, we literally reshaped pet care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food. We’re still at it today, with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and the leader in our category. Such leadership requires constant innovation and renovation, which is so often rooted in our world-class food production standards.
As the Warehouse Team Leader at our Edmond (Oklahoma City), OK factory, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily activities of 30+ fork lift operators and 1 shipping clerk during the off-shift period (2nd or 3rd shift), with flexibility to rotate weekends and other shifts as needed. From you, this position requires strong leadership skills and working knowledge of warehouse and distribution functions. Strong communication and people development skills will be critical to this role. The Warehouse Team Leader will mentor staff, contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and ensure operating and safety standards are being met.
Nestlé Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown. Having served as a production facility for over 40 years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we’re left a big paw print on this charming western city. We’re a safety-first culture driven by our greater mission of enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. We’ll empower you to continuously think “What’s Next?” and we’ll challenge you to do so with integrity, expertise, high performance and passion. Are you up to the dare?
- Motivate and empower warehouse personnel to achieve budgeted productivity goals and costs for the factory
- Maintain and continue to establish positive relationships with vendors, customers, all management and factory employees, in addition to the sales and distribution team at our headquarters in St. Louis
- Preserve and support a sanitation and safety level that will exceed government and plant standards
- Participate in the total coordination of the warehouse operation
- Manage relationship and communication with labor relations
- Ensure new warehouse employees are properly trained and current employee’s receive additional training as needed
- Control finished product damage levels and monitor product loading errors
- Coordinate the daily warehouse shift operations in order to achieve timely shipping and order completion
- Mentor and coach warehouse team members and set development goals
- Operate in SAP software
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years’ of supervisory experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, or transportation environment
Job: Warehouse Team Leader
Primary Location: Edmond, OK US
Career Area: Professional