Electrical Designer (Senior Designer I/II)
For more than 100 years, Purina has been revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, through innovative engineering, we literally reshaped pet care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food.
We’ll turn to you, as a Senior Designer, to take ownership of capital projects that will significantly impact our larger mission of enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our culture continuously challenges us to Stand Taller and ask “What’s Next?” So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the ‘mix’?
• Plans, designs, and provides CAD graphic support for all phases of electrical engineering projects.
• Develops controls system arrangments and handles a multitude of production documentation details within electrical, controls, and automation design.
• Engages in engineering design reviews for all project pertinent drawings [Equipment approval drawings, Equipment certified drawings, and complete NPE Nestlé Purina Engineering design packages].
• Design associates coordinate project pertinent electrical specifications, guideline adherence and calculations with the lead Electrical & Controls Engineer.
• The graphic design effort involves open communication with internal customers outside consultants and suppliers to enable multi-discipline design coordination and compliance.
• Provide electrical and controls engineering design assistance to factories including design support for Division Engineering. This includes graphics design facilitating electrical & controls troubleshooting, controls enhancements, and controls innovations.
• Design Associate leads and executes technical design support integrating all aspects of food processing technology, hygienic design, machinery safety, process safety, and equipment operational functionality.
• Develop/modify Nestle Purina Engineering technical design guidelines, design standards, and pertinent electrical specifications with engineering oversight.
• Assist Electrical & Controls engineering in routine engineering functions as training and expertise permits. Maintain personal development progress reports, comply with Nestlé Purina safety requirements, and complete annual Nestlé training courses.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (Minimum):
- Associates in Electrical Engineering or technical equivalent
- Senior Designer I: 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing, machine shop or R&D design role with 2D CAD operation.
- Senior Designer II: 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing, machine shop or R&D design role with 2D CAD operation.
- 3D CAD operation experience.
#LI-MS st. louis saint
Job: Electrical Designer (Senior Designer I/II)
Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US
Career Area: Professional