Senior Project Manager III
For more than 100 years, Purina has led the charge in revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, through innovative engineering, we literally reshaped Pet Care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food. We’re still at it today, with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and our new Ultra-Premium brands, Beyond® and Just Right® pet food. Such industry leadership requires constant innovation and renovation, which is so often rooted in engineering.
As a Senior Project Manager III within our engineering group, you’ll play a key role in the capital projects happening within our factories throughout North America. Day-to-day, you’ll manage large capital projects from beginning to end, including concept, scope, estimate, cost, resources and funding while leading your internal and external teams. The design and construction process will be core functions of your role – and we’ll challenge you to do it with integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation. While the engineering group as a whole operates much like an internal engineering firm, as a Senior Project Manager, you’ll be the voice of your larger team as you coordinate with individual clients on each project you own.
Based at Purina World Headquarters in downtown St. Louis, MO, you’ll immerse yourself into the humble culture of this big small town, rich in history and Midwestern charm. Many of the relationships and projects you’ll manage will be spread across the country within our U.S. factories, requiring 30% travel.
We’ll turn to you to take ownership of capital projects that will significantly impact our larger mission of enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our culture continuously challenges us to Stand Taller and ask “What’s Next?” So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the ‘mix’?
- Perform preliminary engineering to include developing the design concept and preparing cost estimate and time schedule to meet project needs for factories throughout North America
- Create equipment list, procurement schedule, cost and project status reports and maintain project records
- Work closely with plants through startup phase and hold project reviews throughout all stages of capital projects
- Work cross-functionally with contractors to maintain project schedule from design, construction and startup phase
- Review final cost estimate and schedule for capital projects and interface with project team to control costs
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- BS in engineering
- 15+ years of experience managing design and construction of capital projects
- 12+ years of experience in management of multi-discipline engineering resources
- 8+ years of experience supervising detail design of process systems
- 5+ years of experience with the application of sanitation and safety design and construction in food and beverage, chemical or pharmaceutical industry
- 3+ years of experience and directing other project managers.
#LI-MS st. saint louis
Job: Senior Project Manager III
Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US
Career Area: Professional