Production Team Leader (Off Shift)
Fort Dodge is considered a regional hub for retail and recreation, located just 90 minutes north of Des Moines, IA. With some of the largest American trucking companies based in Fort Dodge, we can offer the best transportation possible. Fort Dodge prides itself on its strong sense of community and we can proudly say the say the same for our Fort Dodge Purina Family – a small and passionate family that produces 5.5 ounce cans of Friskies pet food.
Most importantly, our plant upholds a strong safety ethic which is strengthened by the participation of each and every employee. When you join the Purina plant at Fort Dodge you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
As the Team Leader, you will supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in duties concerned with sanitation programs in food processing establishment.
- Responsible for managing all day to day production activities
- Motivate and lead team to achieve quality and performance goals
- Achieve all production goals in a safe manner
- Coach and develop employees for effective performance
- Actively support continuous improvement objectives
- Maintain a healthy labor relations environment and positive attitude on the part of all personnel working in the department
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of manufacturing, warehouse, military or related experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
Job: Production Team Leader (Off Shift)
Primary Location: Fort Dodge, IA US
Career Area: Professional