Assistant Logistics Manager - Transportation
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Innovation and inspiration fill the halls of every Nestlé Purina office. We are pioneers. At our Allentown, PA factory we utilize thermal processing and high-speed canning to produce varieties of our Friskies®, Mighty Dog® and Alpo® brands – brands we have carefully produced, packaged and shipped since 1955. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Purina is truly proud to call home.
As an Assistant Logistics Manager you’ll be responsible for adherence to company policies with the expectation of demonstrating Safety Leadership through your actions every day. Other responsibilities include working with labor relations, financial controls, personnel, quality, and recommending and/or implementing improvements within the Mixing Center (Warehouse) operations.
You will be responsible for supervising direct reports, completing outbound and inbound shipments, and production receipts at or below budget and in an efficient, sanitary, and safe manner. The Assistant Logistics Manager will provide support and services to meet plant operational objectives and collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Plant Operations to meet divisional and customer needs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Direct the efficient handling of all orders from conception to final destination.
• Collaborate with management to maximize and maintain “On time” delivery of finished product to our customers, develop new methods and programs for customer delivery, and control transportation costs.
• Collaborate with Mixing Center employees to develop and/or maintain programs in the areas of safety, training, inventory control, sanitation, damage reduction, equipment and building maintenance cost containment, capital improvements, and customer service in plant warehouse operations.
• Conduct visits to customers and CDG (Customer Development Group) to build productive working relationships and initiate programs.
• Work with the Data Steward and EOQ coordinator to ensure customer fill rate objectives are achieved in CRP (Continuous Replenishment Program) environment.
• Work with the Logistics Manager to develop capital and operating budgets for logistics operations.
• Provide a consistent system of controls which measures performance against plans and budgets. Identifies areas needing improvement, promotes corrective action, and measures action plan effectiveness.
• Work with division management to develop and institute divisional improvement initiatives in logistics operations and customer service.
• Attend various CDG and ORM (Order Revenue Management) functions to further develop relationships with those functions. Plan and host at least one yearly Carrier Safety Day.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Bachelors Degree required. Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Management preferred.
1+ years supervisory/management experience, logistics or transportation preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft office applications. SAP experience preferred.
Job: Assistant Logistics Manager - Transportation
Primary Location: Allentown, PA US
Career Area: Professional