Seamer Mechanic I (Maintenance)
Nestle PURINA Petcare Company is a “safety first” culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. As a leading pet food manufacturer, and one of the largest manufacturers within the area of Allentown, PA, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger Pet Care Category. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. As a Seamer Mechanic I, you’ll join our factory in north eastern Pennsylvania, which manufactures ALPO, and Friskies brand canned cat and dog food along with Friskies pouch products.
This particular role provides the opportunity to get specialized training on Can Seaming Equipment. We want to take your mechanical experience and focus your skills toward our seaming equipment where we will help you develop into a world class Seamer Mechanic. You will be the go-to person for the various needs associated with this critical role. Your role in the bigger picture is to perform preventative and predictive maintenance and to improve the reliability and safety of our manufacturing equipment. You’ll handle projects that span the spectrum of hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatics, and welding. Although your role is critical in our continuous improvement and success, so is your work-life balance. Work isn’t all there is to life and we wouldn’t have it any other way. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next?”
• Perform lubrication, preventive maintenance, and repairs as directed by maintenance or production leadership.
• Weld, burn, and braze (AC-DC stick, oxygen acetylene) to a reasonable degree of strength with the appropriate accuracy and appearance.
• Utilize PdM (Predictive Maintenance) tools such as handheld vibration analyzer, sonic tester, laser aligner, and a thermal imager to detect and diagnose equipment issues.
• Read, follow, and interpret basic types of piping schematics as well as blueprints, illustrated part’s breakdown, etc., essential to this plant.
• Assist the Chief Seamer Mechanic with rebuild, diagnosis, adjustments and repairs as needed to all equipment in the filling area of the Processing Department.
• Utilize personal computers to perform job tasks associated with GLOBE, Excel, Word, Outlook, and the current Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Comply with good manufacturing practice requirements and perform all work in a safe manner following all established policies and procedures.
• Attend training sessions or utilize other methods to acquire knowledge of seaming equipment or systems.
• Obtain and maintain a company forklift operator’s license.
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High School Diploma or GED Equivalency and 1+ years' maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial, technical, or military environment
a 2 year Technical Degree
1+ years’ experience working on can seaming equipment
Job: Seamer Mechanic I (Maintenance)
Primary Location: Allentown, PA US
Career Area: Hourly