VPAC Team Leader (2nd shift – Warehouse Supervisor)
Our factory in Crete, NE is one of the largest wet pet food manufacturing facilities in the U.S. as a mass producer of over three million cans of wet pet food per day, which include our Alpo®, Purina ONE®, Pro Plan®, Friskies® and Purina Veterinary Diets® brands. With the city of Lincoln just 25 miles from the plant, many of our associates find convenience in larger-city living in Lincoln and embrace the short commute to the quainter city of Crete.
As a VPAC Team Leader you will be responsible for the overall coordination of the operations activities on a designated shift within the Variety Pack Department. Ensure that the production on their designated shift is produced in an efficient manner with high product quality. Coordinate activities between departments to remove any barriers which may be in the way for teams to perform at their optimum level.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Responisble for the operation of all products manufactured on assigned shift managing safety, quality, productivity, staffing and ISO standards.
• Responsible to properly train all employees in areas of responsibility, which should include cross training within the departments.
• Assume a coaching role to facilitate the achievement of team performance goals and expectations.
• Coordinate activities aimed at increasing operating efficiencies to current goals and responsible for proper staffing for control of units per man hour
• Coordinate all activities with Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Assurance to ensure that all goals are achieved.
• Reponsible to develop Lead Persons to assume day-to-day production related activities
• Assure proper GMP’s, inventory control procedures, and proper communication of problems are done in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage all employee performance issues, to inclue the issuing of discipline for all shift employees. Maintain employee records of time, attendance, training and grievances.
• Support the factory’s NCE and TPM initiative by training, coaching and facilitating systems and review meetings.
• Responsible for understanding and actively supporting the plant’s safety programs. Assure the safety of all personnel, protection of property and conservation of the plant’s resources in all operations.
• Accountable to see that all applicable governmental legislated requirements, such as those from the EPA, FDA, US Department of Agriculture, OSHA, etc. are adhered to in area of supervision.
• Verify and approve Kronos and printouts as necessary
• Assure all accidents/incidents are properly investigated and necessary follow-up is completed. Conduct monthly safety meetings for the Variety Pack Deparment. Conduct regular communication meetings to ensure proper information is being communicated downward.
• Complies with Nestle and plant-specific policies.
• Perform all job duties in a safe manger, adbiding by all safety rules and policies.
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Experience (Years/Type): 1+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or military environment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Job: VPAC Team Leader (2nd shift – Warehouse Supervisor)
Primary Location: Crete, NE US
Career Area: Professional