Maintenance Team Lead (Supervisor)
Millions of cans a day and we still get a good feeling inside seeing our product on the retail shelf. We stand a little taller, and not just because the product is on the top shelf. It’s a radiating sense of pride. And it’s extra special looking at the label to see exactly which factory it came from. We know the faces behind the people who made it. We are the faces behind every step in making the product. And we know the quality standards each bag or can has to meet. It’s our job to exceed those standards so the product inside the package lives up to the promises made on the outside. And it takes an extraordinary team to do what we do.
The Maintenance Team Lead (Supervisor) plays a critical role in every step of the way. You’ll be charged with supervising and developing maintenance team members and have the flexibility to rotate weekends as needed. From you, we need strong leadership skills and knowledge of troubleshooting mechanical and electrical components, PLC systems, and other pneumatic and hydraulic equipment. You’ll mentor staff, contribute to continuous improvement projects and ensure proper sanitation and safety guidelines are being met.
Your role is within our factory in Jefferson, Wisconsin which is located in the southern part of the state at the confluence of the Rock and Crawfish rivers. We are one of the largest manufacturers within the area, shipping more than 3,000 truckloads and 400 railcars of product annually, which equates to over 38 million cases of Fancy Feast®, Elegant Medley®, Friskies® and Pro Plan®. Of this mass production, our Jefferson factory donates 1.2 million cans of food per year to support over 40 animal shelters and organizations.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to Stand Taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare?
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of Maintenance Mechanics using knowledge of company purpose, rules, regulations, procedures and practices
- Monitors and evaluates work of each employee, conducts performance reviews, schedule trainings, and administer disciplinary action
- Coordinate hand-over meetings with other shifts to align on productivity and goals
- Recommend strategies for efficient operation of maintenance department, including implementation of preventative maintenance and health of equipment
- Be a strong people leader to coach and develop team to success
Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
Job: Maintenance Team Lead (Supervisor)
Primary Location: Jefferson, WI US
Career Area: Professional