Warehouse Team Leader (Off Shift)
For more than 100 years, Purina has led the charge in revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. Our factory in Crete, NE is one of the largest wet pet food manufacturing facilities in the U.S. as a mass producer of over three million cans of wet pet food per day, which include our Alpo®, Purina ONE®, Pro Plan®, Friskies® and Purina Veterinary Diets® brands.
As Warehouse Team Leader, you’ll be responsible for executing all day-to-day operating activities of the Distribution Center. This involves safe and secure storage of inventory and accurate, timely shipment of customer orders at minimum cost over the long term. You will also be accountable for adherence to company policies (personnel, labor relations, financial controls, safety, quality assurance, etc.) and for recommending implementing improvements within distribution operations.
We’re a safety-first culture driven by our greater mission of enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. We’ll empower you to continuously think “What’s Next?” and we’ll challenge you to do so with integrity, expertise, high performance and passion. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the ‘mix’?
The shift/hours for this position will vary depending on the needs of the Warehouse Team Leader group. Candidates must be willing to work all shifts, some weekends and overtime as needed.
• Direct actions of warehouse team members who perform, receiving, storage and shipping functions in support of plant production operations.
• Reviews workload for own and following shifts; ensures staffing levels are sufficient to accomplish workload; defines and prioritizes work tasks.
• Resolves personnel, mechanical operational and resource-related issues that arise during shift so that individual and team productivity are not affected.
• Mentor and coach warehouse team members and set development goals.
• Build and maintain customer supply relationships.
• Control finished product damage levels and monitor product loading errors.
• Actively seeks opportunities for continued improvement in warehouse operations/recommends improvements.
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High School diploma or GED equivalent
1+ year of experience in a manufacturing, warehouse and/or Military environment
1+ year of supervisory or management experience
Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
Job: Warehouse Team Leader (Off Shift)
Primary Location: Crete, NE US
Career Area: Professional