Intern (Supply Chain)
Joining Purina means you’re joining our larger mission of enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them – a dare of integrity, passion, expertise, high performance, and innovation.
Consider spending 10 weeks of your summer with Nestlé Purina as an integral member of our customer facing supply chain team. Our accelerated internship program will orient you in our customer supply chain strategy, as well as the many touch points like operations, sales, reporting/metrics and corporate logistics departments.
Following this view of our business, you’ll proceed to learning about our manufacturing processes by visiting our Davenport and Clinton, Iowa production plants. Here, interns gain a deeper understanding of pet food production, transportation, and warehousing to fully understand the life-cycle of our products from the factory to the customer. In the final phase of the internship, you’ll incorporate the totality of your learnings by completing an individual project for your assigned customer group, and then present your results to our supply chain leadership team. This opportunity allows you to demonstrate your new skills through real-life supply chain experiences.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to stand taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare?
• Use data analytics to understand segment trends
• Develop an understanding of all facets of internal supply chain (customer team supply chain management, plant logistics, warehousing, transportation, Order Revenue Management (ORM), and external customers)
• Business-based projects (e.g. automating customer scheduling systems, On Time and Fill Rates tracking, improving internal operations methodologies for performance/costs, mitigating out-of-stock opportunities, and performing deep data analyses on our internal forecasting/promotional tools)
• Gain knowledge, awareness and understanding of the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
• Undergraduate or Master’s student at an accredited college or university with a Supply Chain concentration OR Undergraduate or Master’s student status at an accredited college or university with a Business concentration and at least 2 months of Supply Chain experience
• Graduating between December 2018 and June 2019.
Able to work in Minneapolis, MN, Rogers, AR or St. Louis, MO for at least 10 uninterrupted weeks between 5/21/18-7/27/18.
Must be able to perform physical activity requiring the lifting of 55 lbs.
*PLUSES: supply chain internship experience
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States
#LI-NC; Saint St. Louis
Job: Intern (Supply Chain)
Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US
Other Location: Rogers,Minneapolis
Career Area: Campus