QA Analyst I
- Sample, test, and approve all ingredients meeting specifications.
- Communicate with corporate TAG and Quality Assurance to arrange acceptable ingredient substitutions when normal formulation cannot be followed.
- Maintain approved product formulas for batching, and maintain all regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and maintain a program encompassing Quality Monitoring Scheme to provide assurance of quality products.
- Communicate with production teams to insure production equipment functions correctly and finished product meets package guarantees.
- Determine physical and chemical properties of ingredients and finished product as directed by Q.A. program.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and perform release of maintained line equipment as assigned.
- Maintain all product and ingredient standards and records as required.
- Gather and distribute product, ingredient, and packing supply samples as required.
- Isolate and hold all product not meeting package guarantee or regulatory standards.
- Monitor all lab equipment and take appropriate action in case of malfunction.
- Maintain inventory control.
- Maintain safety program with respect to safe handling of chemical used.
- Cross train as ingredient specialist.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required: High School diploma or GED
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related field
Required: 1-2 years of lab experience
Preferred: Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Flexibility to handle work schedule changes and duties as needed.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, productive without continuous direct supervision.
- Willingness to travel for training needs and vendor visits.
- Willingness to work in inclement weather.
- Math skills.
- PC skills.
- Organization and follow-up skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to perform training.
Job: QA Analyst I
Primary Location: Fairburn, GA US
Career Area: Professional