QA Specialist 1 (HACCP Coordinator)
Not only is Purina an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in Quality Assurance. We’re backed by a 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation.
The QA Specialist 1 (HACCP Coordinator) will be responsible for developing, implementing, managing, reviewing, revising and enforcing the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) program and associated principles at the factory. This person will be leading the HACCP function for the Quality Assurance team and maintain and update the HACCP plant manual. This person will work across all functions at the factory to outline all at risk behaviors/processes in the plant and develop plans on how to address.
Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for many years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
As a culture that continuously challenges us to Stand Tall and think “What’s Next?”, we’ll empower you to challenge the status quo in quality. Join a company that believes in bettering our work every day to enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Review new procedures and documents for impact on food safety
• Review any new items for impact on food safety
• Review process changes which may introduce or alter current food safety hazards
• Participate in plant’s food safety team
• Participate in internal/external audits
• Review HACCP Plan annually / provide training on HACCP
• Review HACCP data on a regular basis
Any other duties assigned by the QA Manager or Assistant QA Manager.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 2 or more years of experience working in a quality related field in a food manufacturing environment.
Bachelor’s degree of Food Safety/Technology or related science field
• 1 or more year of food safety and HACCP experience preferred
• Supervisory experience preferred.
Job: QA Specialist 1 (HACCP Coordinator)
Primary Location: Edmond, OK US
Career Area: Professional