Maintenance Team Lead (1st Shift)
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Innovation and inspiration fill the halls of every Nestlé Purina office. We are pioneers. At our Allentown, PA factory we utilize thermal processing and high-speed canning to produce varieties of our Friskies®, Mighty Dog® and Alpo® brands – brands we have carefully produced, packaged and shipped since 1955. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Purina is truly proud to call home.
As the Maintenance Team Lead (1st Shift) you would be directly responsible for the efficient and effective maintenance and repair of all equipment located throughout the facility. The primary focus of the position is maintaining and improving equipment reliability, PM compliance, schedule compliance, job safety, cost control and provide skills training as needed. However, during a shift, you may also take on the role of a relief supervisor and become responsible for supervising, scheduling and directing the activities of approximately 8 - 15 union hourly employees in their performance of assigned craftsman work including cross-training to broaden skills and qualifications. In addition, the Maintenance Team Lead actively participates in company initiatives such as TPM, NCE and problem solving activities to ensure the highest possible efficiency of equipment within the facility. The best suited candidates for this role will be highly motivated, team players who desire the opportunity to take on responsibility and make a direct impact on the business.
• Responsible for the three-shift operation and maintenance of equipment and systems in the Wet Plant to insure efficient equipment operation and increase equipment reliability wherever possible.
• Supervise, schedule and direct the activities of approximately 8 - 15 union hourly employees in their performance of assigned craftsman work including cross training to broaden skills and qualifications.
• Supervise, schedule and direct the activities of contractor personnel, to include determining scope, quality, and effectiveness of work.
• Responsible for insuring that production is maintained throughout the plant, relevant to equipment reliability and operational readiness.
• Maintain Facility subsystems including: Waste Treatment, Boilers, and Electrical Substations / High Voltage Power as well as Utility Systems such as: Plant Water Supply, Air Compressors, Ammonia Refrigeration and Glycol Operating Systems, Fire Suppression Systems, HVAC
• Utilize SAP CMMS to maintain work order and equipment histories, repair records, frequency needs and resource library.
• Develop and maintain preventative maintenance and lubrication programs for areas of responsibility.
• Periodically monitor, through direct contact, back-shift maintenance and operations of assigned areas.
• Responsible to maintain and control assigned areas and equipment.
• Determine spare parts requirements for assigned areas.
• Develop and maintain procedures for maintenance jobs with assigned areas of responsibility.
• Responsible to insure compliance to all established work rules, company policies and that all work is performed in a safe manner and meets established safety and quality standards.
• Perform estimating and planning work such as development of sketches, material listings and supporting documentation as required.
• Provide required reports and information with interpretation to assure necessary data on which to predicate decisions.
• Assure implementation and compliance to work schedules.
• Review job performance of subordinate’s work and periodically review results with them in order to improve performance and provide training as indicated.
• Insure coordination and cooperation with various departments and cost centers.
• Issue and control various permitting processes throughout the facility to ensure procedures, safety and standards are followed.
• Responsible for administration of the payroll function for Associates through the Kronos payroll system, ensuring hours are processed daily and absences are recorded accurately
• Responsible for administrative duties such as disciplinary activities, interpretation of policies, resolving problems, etc., in a firm and uniform manner.
• Participate actively in Operational reviews, NCE meetings, engineering needs, problem solving methodologies and TPM activities.
• Setting priorities for the team and understanding the big picture to develop a strong team.
• Review associated General Instructions, Key Performance Indicators, and SOPs to insure compliance in the maintenance department.
Other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Experience (Years/Type): 2+ years of leadership/supervisory experience in a manufacturing, military or related environment and 3+ years working in a manufacturing, military or related environment.
Preferred: Work experience in a food manufacturing environment; Experience with PLCs, TMP and Controls.
Job: Maintenance Team Lead (1st Shift)
Primary Location: Allentown, PA US
Career Area: Professional