Packaging Mechanic (Maintenance Class C)
Clinton, IA has been home to one of our factories since 1969 – a proud producer of Pro Plan®, Purina ONE Beyond®, Purina Veterinary Diets®, Beggin®, T-Bonz® and Whisker Lickins® among other varieties.
Purina is an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in Quality Assurance. We’re backed by a 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation. We’re recognized at the top of the QA ladder within the greater Nestlé organization, the world’s largest food company.
When you join the Purina plant at Clinton, IA you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
As a Packing Mechanic in our Clinton facility, your role in the bigger picture is to meet Safety, Health, Quality and Environmental requirements. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next?”
• Knowledge of all plant equipment and material flow through oral review and OJT assignment
• Participates in NCE initiatives through operational Reviews and NCE Methodology
• Working knowledge of all plant electrical systems, plant welding code, plant item numbering system, and plant disconnect numbering system
• Replace simple electrical devices, such as, motors, fuses, and switches with minimal supervision
• Perform basic acetylene cutting and welding operations and soldering
• Make mechanical and electrical repair on all plant packing equipment with minimal supervision
• General Mechanical trouble shooting abilities
• Perform other job duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum)
High school Diploma or GED Equivalent
1+ years of industrial maintenance or related experience in military, manufacturing, technical environment OR a 2 year technical degree
Job: Packaging Mechanic (Maintenance Class C)
Primary Location: Clinton, IA US
Career Area: Hourly