A pet owner’s most trusted advisor is often their veterinarian. As a Region Manager for our Veterinary Sales Team, you are the leader that drives our brand as these providers consider Pro Plan Veterinary Diets®. Proper nutrition is key to optimal dog and cat health. It is an idea carried throughout our entire line of veterinary pet food—specialized nutrition that makes a difference. Pro Plan Veterinary Diets® include products focused on dietary management of dogs and cats with specific health problems.
As a Region Manager, you’ll establish group objectives, build integrated business plans and manage your resources to deliver assigned volume, share and profit goals. You’ll accomplish this through sound people leadership and a nurturing eye toward developing your team members and direct reports, infused with effective training, coaching and motivation. Most critically, you’ll accrue deep knowledge of the Nestlé Purina portfolio so that you can leverage growth opportunities that help us remain an industry leader both on and off the shelf.
• Lead region business planning process with team to achieve performance objectives.
• Develop high level working relationships with counterparts within distribution network.
• Promote workforce diversity and upward mobility among team members
• Develop team member’s skills and competencies through Nestle Career Paths
• Continuous improvement of the performance management process with each direct report, including creation of Performance Evaluations, check-pointing progress, identifying and addressing performance issues, recognizing and reinforcing performance excellence and evaluating year-end results and performance.
• Communicate understanding of Nestle Purina brand strategies and tactics with team, customer and distributors.
• Accurately forecast projected monthly and annual sales volume for the region
• Identify profitable opportunities to grow incremental sales / share by working with clinics and distributors.
• Continuously monitor and analyze team / individual reports, overall business plan and progress in meeting goals and adjust activities region / individual reports as needed.
• Manage expenditure of financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner
Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Requires multi-functional interaction within Nestle Pet: Account Managers, Finance, Category Development, Marketing, Market Development Organization, Supply Chain, Order Revenue Management Leadership Team and HR