Maintenance Technician (A)
As a leading pet food manufacturer, and one of the largest manufacturers in Oklahoma, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger Pet Care Category. Over 100 years in existence, we’ve grown our passionate Purina Family as we’ve grown the breadth of our business. Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for many years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
As a Maintenance Technician your role, in the bigger picture, is to manage the preventative and predictive maintenance to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. You’ll handle projects that span the electrical, mechanical and automation maintenance challenges. Although your role is critical in our continuous improvement and success, so is your work-life balance. Work isn’t all there is to life and we wouldn’t have it any other way. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next?”
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Perform basic mechanical, electrical and automation maintenance work related to the installation or repair of equipment.
• Perform lubrication, preventive maintenance and repairs as specified by an approved work order or directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Production Supervisor.
• Install, maintain, calibrate, and troubleshoot.
• Apply your experience with CMMS Software to work with work orders, parts orders, and inventory.
• Utilize Predictive Maintenance tools such as handheld vibration analyzer, sonic tester and thermal imaging to detect and diagnose issues. % of Time
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
• High school diploma or GED
• 2 or more years of mechanical or electrical experience - OR - a 2 year technical degree