Human Resources Coordinator
At our very core, we’re a human environment—women and men, working together among machinery and technology, to constantly improve the greater mission of pet care. Our people are our most important asset and – true to our culture – we believe investing in our talent is an investment in our shared future. As a Human Resources Coordinator at our Mechanicsburg, PA factory, you will provide administrative support to the HR Department. Some of those duties would include payroll, new hire orientation, managing the employee uniform program, overseeing the mail, handling confidential information and maintaining employee files.
You’ll be a key member of the HR team as they support over 300 employees in this factory south central Pennsylvania, which manufactures a large portion of Purina’s dry portfolio of pet food, including Puppy Chow®, Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Pro Plan®, Kitten Chow®, Cat Chow®, Friskies® and Purina ONE® among leading brands.
• Support the hourly payroll. Calculate and verify time cards, maintain vacation and benefits days database and resolve any issues.
• Support New Hire Orientation process.
• Responsible for maintaining the Employee Uniform Program.
• Coordinates all Wellness Events
• Maintains employee files
• Provides general administrative support to department
• Oversees all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Handle all confidential information in a proper manner.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School Diploma or equivalency; secondary education preferred
Experience (Years/Type): Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Human Resources role
Skills: Good organizational, communication and people skills. Ability to interact with employees and visitors in a pleasant manner and handle confidential information. Experience with SAP and Kronos is a plus.
Job: Human Resources Coordinator
Primary Location: Mechanicsburg, PA US
Career Area: Professional