Senior Staff Engineer (Capital Projects)
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them.For more than 100 years, Purina has been revolutionizing pet food production. By 1956, through innovative engineering, we literally reshaped pet care, and we’re still at it today, with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and the leader in our category. Such leadership requires constant innovation and renovation, which is so often rooted in our world-class food production standards.
Our factory in Crete, NE, located just 25 miles from the city of Lincoln, is one of the largest wet pet food manufacturing facilities in the U.S. as a mass producer of over three million cans of wet pet food per day, which include our Alpo®, Purina ONE®, Pro Plan®, Friskies® and Pro Plan Veterinary Diets® brands.
As a Senior Staff Engineer, you’ll play a key role in the capital projects happening within our Crete facility. Day-to-day, you’ll manage capital projects from beginning to end, including concept, scope, estimate, cost, resources and funding. The design and implementation process will be core functions of your role – and we’ll challenge you to do it with integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation. If your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix? Join us in making more honest goodness.
• Participates in the development, implementation and coordination of the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities. Develops and executes multiple capital projects simultaneously.
• Works as required with the safety committee and safety management to implement safety suggestions providing a safe atmosphere for the total plant operation.
• Thorough understanding of the engineering environmental activities including air, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and solid waste.
• Inspects and advises on all areas of the plant for equipment design, evaluation and troubleshooting.
• Participates in the coordination of the operations of steam generating, electrical power service, compressed gases, water, sewer, HVAC, process liquids, plant-wide lighting, buildings, grounds and fire protection systems to provide uninterrupted service.
• Manages and monitors outside contractors to ensure compliance with all company standards including sanitation, safety, quality, productivity and budgeting.
• Directs the installation of new equipment and/or modification/rearrangement of existing equipment of assigned projects.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field
5+ years of capital project management experience in a manufacturing, military and/or related environment
Relevant experience in food manufacturing
Job: Senior Staff Engineer (Capital Projects)
Primary Location: Crete, NE US
Career Area: Professional