Forklift Operator / Truck Jockey
Nestle PURINA Petcare Company is a “safety first” culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. As a leading pet food manufacturer, and one of the largest manufacturers within the area of Allentown, PA, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger Pet Care Category. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. As a Forklift Jockey, you’ll join our factory in north eastern Pennsylvania, which manufactures ALPO, and Friskies brand canned cat and dog food along with Friskies pouch products.
Safely and efficiently operate a lift truck to load/unload trucks or rail cars with incoming or outgoing shipments, move pallets of product and materials in order to maintain proper storage to meet customer needs, and pick cases for customer orders. Enter data into the lift truck mounted computer warehouse system to reflect accurate inventories. Operate a tractor trailer in a safe and efficient manner to move trailers to and from the Mixing Center and occasionally other areas of the site.
- Operate lift truck in a safe and efficient manner to load/unload trucks and/or rail cars.
- Move pallets and materials within the warehouse (following FIFO rotation) to maintain proper storage to meet customer needs.
- Perform lift truck mounted computer operations for the warehousing system (currently WMS).
- Change batteries on lift truck and propane on scrubber as needed.
- Check operations of the lift truck, using a checklist, and advise the supervisor of any malfunction.
- Hand pick and stack cases for customer orders as needed.
- Unload and store wet plant finished product from the shuttle trailer as needed.
- Maintain housekeeping and GMP’s within the Mixing Center, using the scrubber and sweeper equipment as necessary.
- Safely and efficiently operator a tractor trailer to:
- Shuttle loads between plants and the Mixing Center
- Hook up airlines from tractor to trailer
- Spot trucks at the warehouse doors as directed from the shipping office
- Move trailers in the yard as needed for efficient and safe space utilization
- Fuel tractors that are being used around the yard
- Operate Rail King (railcar mover) to move and position railcars to and from the rail doors.
- Complete daily tractor safety checklist.
- Complete maintenance repair log as needed.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
Must have a minimum of 2+ years of forklift operations experience within a high volume warehouse environment or have completed a certified program on forklift operations, material handling, RF Scanning and Slip Sheeting.
1+ years of experience driving and docking tractor trailers
Job: Forklift Operator / Truck Jockey
Primary Location: Allentown, PA US
Career Area: Hourly