QA Specialist (Product Safety)
Not only is Purina an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in Quality Assurance. We’re backed by a 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation.
As a Product Safety Specialist, you work within the Quality Assurance group ensuring a safe and sanitary facility for pet food manufacturing and storage. Your focus will be on pest management and prevention, heat treatments, routine audits, sanitation and overall product protection. This key role is an integral part of our Quality and Product Safety Program.
Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for many years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
As a culture that continuously challenges us to Stand Tall and think “What’s Next?” we’ll empower you to challenge the status quo in quality. Join a company that believes in bettering our work every day to enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Integrated Pest Management and Heat Treatments - combination of activities using both chemical and non-chemical approaches to reduce or eliminate pests in the food manufacturing and storage environment.
• Pathogen Monitoring Program – recognize potential environmental, procedural, and condensation risks with the ability to coach and act upon to appropriate personnel.
• Food Safety Sanitation Inspection - Establish minimum guidelines for the inspection frequency, effectiveness of sanitation levels, and reporting process of food safety related issues (gaps).
• Product Protection –includes but not limited to GMP’s, general principles for zoning, engineering/maintenance/contractor project monitoring.
• HACCP – pre-requisite program reviews, documentation, risk assessments, and hazard analysis.
• Outside Company Management – third party contracting services, report corrective actions and communication.
• Training – stay current with required qualification of equipment, and licenses.
• Administration – includes but not limited to updating trending data, reports, spreadsheets, communication via email, duties related to clerical administration duties % of Time
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor degree in Science preferred
Experience (Years/Type): 2 or more years of experience working in a quality related field in a food manufacturing environment.
Bachelor’s degree of Food Safety/Technology or related science field.
Job: QA Specialist (Product Safety)
Primary Location: Edmond, OK US
Career Area: Professional