Forklift Operator - Mixing Center
Nestle PURINA Petcare Company is a “safety first” culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. As a leading pet food manufacturer, and one of the largest manufacturers within the area of Allentown, PA, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger Pet Care Category. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. As a Warehouse Forklift Operator, you’ll join our factory in north eastern Pennsylvania, which manufactures ALPO, and Friskies brand canned cat and dog food along with Friskies pouch products.
Safely and efficiently operate a lift truck to load/unload trucks or rail cars with incoming or outgoing shipments and move pallets of product and materials in order to maintain proper storage to meet customer needs. Enter data into the lift truck mounted computer warehouse system to reflect accurate inventories.
- Operate lift truck in a safe and efficient manner to load and unload trucks and/or rail cars
- Move pallets and materials within the warehouse (following FIFO rotation) to maintain proper storage to meet customer needs
- Perform lift truck mounted computer operations for the warehousing system (currently WMS)
- Hand pick and stack cases for customer orders on an as needed basis
- Hand sticker and label product as needed
- Change propane on scrubber as needed
- Check operations of the lift truck, using a checklist, and advise the supervisor of any malfunction immediately
- Unload and store wet plant finished product from the shuttle trailer as needed.
- Maintain housekeeping and GMP’s within the Distribution Center, using the scrubber and sweeper equipment as necessary
- Perform rail car ground work as necessary
Perform other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisor.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years of forklift operations experience within a high volume warehouse environment or have completed a certified program on forklift operations, material handling, RF Scanning and Slip Sheeting
Job: Forklift Operator - Mixing Center
Primary Location: Allentown, PA US
Career Area: Hourly