Maintenance Electrician (Class B)
Clinton, IA has been home to one of our factories since 1969 – a proud producer of Pro Plan®, Purina ONE Beyond®, Purina Veterinary Diets®, Beggin®, T-Bonz® and Whisker Lickins® among other varieties.
Purina is an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in Quality Assurance. We’re backed by a 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation. We’re recognized at the top of the QA ladder within the greater Nestlé organization, the world’s largest food company.
When you join the Purina plant at Clinton, IA you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
As an Electrician in our Clinton facility, your role in the bigger picture is to manage the preventative and predictive maintenance, troubleshoot PLCs, and to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next?”
• Your primary responsibility in all of the work you perform is to be safe and follow all plant safety rules and work rules
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all equipment that you have been assigned
• Look for continuous improvement, ideas to improve safety, reliability, quality, throughput, and energy
• Work with Engineers on capital upgrades in your area as needed with either actual installation assistance or as an advisor/Team Leader
• Complete any other assigned maintenance duties as directed by Team Leader including Electrical/Mechanical work for other plant areas and secure job-related training (new equipment, safety, new policies, Maintenance Progression Plan, etc.)
• Perform other job duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum)
High school diploma or GED equivalent
1+ years of Maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial, technical, automotive or military environment OR 2 Year Technical Degree
Job: Maintenance Electrician (Class B)
Primary Location: Clinton, IA US
Career Area: Hourly