Clinton, IA has been home to one of our factories since 1969 – a proud producer of Pro Plan®, Purina ONE Beyond®, Purina Veterinary Diets®, Beggin®, T-Bonz® and Whisker Lickins® among other varieties.
For more than 100 years, Purina has been revolutionizing pet food production, and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, mastering new production techniques, we literally reshaped pet care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food. We’re still at it today, with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and the leader in our category. Such leadership requires constant innovation and renovation, which is so often rooted in our world-class food production standards.
When you join the Purina plant at Clinton, IA you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
- Keep work area clean
- Follow plant safety practices and demonstrate understanding and proper operation of equipment and tools
- Utilize ordering procedures in the Maintenance Storeroom
- Move equipment using proper lifting/rigging procedures
- Set and align plant equipment with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of all plant equipment and material flow
- Correctly layout and install steam, acid, sprinkler, slurry and hydraulic piping systems with minimal supervision
- Perform Arc, Tig, and Mig welding procedures on both plate and pipe. Able to weld different material thicknesses out of position
- Layout, fabricate and install all types of spouts, hoppers, transitions, and mechanical guards
- Diagnose mechanical reasons for failure
- Perform maintenance of shop equipment without supervision
- Weld both carbon steel and stainless T-304 & T-316L
- Perform basic machine shop skills such as turning shafts and milling, cutting keyways
- Breakdown, assess, and rebuild gear reducers, pumps
- Perform various other duties as assigned
Education: High School education or GED required.
Experience: (Years/Type) 1+ years of Maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial, technical, automotive or military environment OR 2 Year Technical Degree
Job: Millfitter (Millwright)
Primary Location: Clinton, IA US
Career Area: Hourly