QA Analyst I (2nd or 3rd shift)
For thirty years, Nestlé Purina has been proud to call St. Joseph, MO home. Located an hour north of Kansas City, the community of 77,000 people is packed with character, rich history and nationally acclaimed quality of life – just like Purina is. The city was recognized with the All-America City Award, given to communities with citizens who work together to pinpoint and address community-wide challenges and achieve exceptional results. Carrying forward that spirit, since 1985, our wet dog and cat food factory in St. Joseph has provided employment, and a special home for many of our associates who work passionately each day to annually produce 30 million cases of Fancy Feast® and 10 million cases of Beneful® Prepared Meals – two flagship Purina brands. Our associates’ work goes far beyond the bag and the can. They are very passionate about their support for the United Way and United Cerebral Palsy foundations, raising $750,000 over the past five years. Joining the Purina factory in St. Joseph means you are joining more than a pet food company, but also a very driven and close-knit team focused on safety, personal growth, development and community. Our St. Joseph factory has enjoyed increased production and reinvestment, including a $30 million project to remodel our pet food kitchen, as well as installation of new raw ingredient processing equipment. This attention to safety and quality, matched by a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and renovation, helps us to attain our fullest potential. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
Not only is Purina an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in Quality Assurance. We’re backed by a 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation.
- Audit plant operations
- Coordinate in-process and finished product release
- Actively support process control and quality improvement efforts
- Monitor and audit sanitation processes
- Inspect process control points
- Perform sensory evaluations of ingredients and products
- Assist with training and skill development of production personnel on various quality topics
- Lead small teams in various continuous improvement efforts
- Analyst will be expected to demonstrate knowledge on quality systems and regulatory requirements
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and fulfill all job requirements in the event of an absence
Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED and 1+ years of experience in Quality Assurance
Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field
Experience with MS Office preferred
Job: QA Analyst I (2nd or 3rd shift)
Primary Location: St. Joseph, MO US
Career Area: Professional