Warehouse Team Leader
As the Warehouse Team Leader at our Edmond (Oklahoma City), OK factory, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily activities of 30+ fork lift operators and 1 shipping clerk during the off-shift period (2nd or 3rd shift), with flexibility to rotate weekends and other shifts as needed. From you, this position requires strong leadership skills and working knowledge of warehouse and distribution functions. Strong communication and people development skills will be critical to this role. The Warehouse Team Leader will mentor staff, contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and ensure operating and safety standards are being met.
Nestlé Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown. Having served as a production facility for over 40 years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we’re left a big paw print on this charming western city. We’re a safety-first culture driven by our greater mission of enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. We’ll empower you to continuously think “What’s Next?” and we’ll challenge you to do so with integrity, expertise, high performance and passion. Are you up to the dare?
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Coordinate and motivate warehouse personnel in a way to achieve budgeted productivity and costs
- Maintain a sanitation level that will exceed government and plant standards
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain good employee and labor relations
- Assure proper training of warehouse employees
- Control finished product damage levels
- Monitor finished product loading errors
- Coordinate the daily warehouse shift operation in order to achieve on time shipping and order completeness.
- Supervise employees and make recommendations
- Participate in the total coordination of the warehouse operation
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
2 or more years’ experience in a supervisory position required.
2 or more years’ experience working in a manufacturing, warehouse, transportation, or similar military environment required.
Job: Warehouse Team Leader
Primary Location: Edmond, OK US
Career Area: Professional