For more than 100 years, Purina has been revolutionizing pet food production, and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, mastering new production techniques, we literally reshaped pet care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food. We’re still at it today, with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and the leader in our category. Such leadership requires constant innovation and renovation, which is so often rooted in our world-class food production standards.
Bloomfield is a small town with a rich history – and we’ve been proud to call Bloomfield home to the largest, most productive litter factory in the world since 1995. This factory was the first to produce Lightweight® litter, which has revolutionized the category within the pet care industry – a product that weighs half the amount of conventional litter. Unique to this factory is an overhead bridge that allows full pallets of finished products to be conveyed to the distribution center just north of the factory. This innovation, in conjunction with various others, played a considerable role in Nestlé Purina earning the Malcolm Baldridge Award. Located in south central Missouri the area calls to the outdoors person that enjoys hunting, fishing, hiking, boating, etc. The Ozark Mountains and lakes are just stone’s throw away.
We are a safety first culture! The Maintenance Supervisor will oversee all maintenance operations at the factory. They will establish budgets of repair costs for the factory and individual departments and implement innovative technical ideas to improve efficiency and reduce costs. They will manage a team of maintenance technicians. From you, this position will require strong leadership skills and knowledge of the maintenance concepts. The Maintenance Supervisor will mentor staff, contribute to continuous process improvement.
You must be willing to work all shifts and overtime as needed.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of Maintenance Technicians using knowledge of company purpose, rules, regulations, procedures and practices.
- Monitors and evaluates work of each employee, conducts performance reviews, schedule trainings, conducts performance reviews and administer disciplinary action.
- Recommend strategies for efficient operation of maintenance department, including implementation of projects and budget modifications.
- Contributes to and Supports the NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence) program.
- Utilize SAP to track progress, change/release and to complete work orders.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, 2-year technical degree preferred
1+ years’ experience supervising people AND 2+ years’ working in a maintenance, industrial, manufacturing, automotive, technical or military setting
Job: Maintenance Supervisor
Primary Location: Bloomfield, MO US
Career Area: Professional