Advanced Accounting Associate
Located approximately an hour east of Minneapolis, our manufacturing facility has called Hager City home since 1968. More than half of our team in Hager City have called this Nestlé Purina PetCare factory their “career home” for over 10 years. Many of us, however, live in Minneapolis and enjoy the perks of a big city. Although one of our smaller operations with roughly 50 team members, this factory plays a big role supporting our other facilities around the U.S. and Canada by producing the wet and dry coatings you can find on most of our pet food.
As the Advanced Accounting Associate, you’ll report to and directly support the plant Controller in various accounting related activities for our Hager City facility and GLOBE related processes. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and support operations planning, materials handling, inventory management, and all the departments as needed. In addition, you will collaborate and consult with all groups within the factory to drive continuity and foster open communications between groups for continuous improvement of operations processes.
- Directly support finance and costing, master data, capital assets, audits and purchasing
- Property accounting management and working with the Engineering department
- Master Data accuracy and working with Production and Quality Assurance departments
- PEC, preparing journal entries, analyzing data and preparing reports
- Serve as a back-up for hourly payroll processing, P2P and Operational Buyer Roles as needed
- Assists in the budget process by working with the Controller and members of the senior leadership team
- Support the internal and external audit preparation and managing internal controls
- Trains and understands the production, warehouse and shipping functions and processes
- Assist with special projects assigned by Plant Controller
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Bachelor’s degree required, with an emphasis in finance or accounting preferred
1+ years’ experience of general accounting, cost accounting, budgeting, financial and/or variance analysis
Job: Advanced Accounting Associate
Primary Location: Hager City, WI US
Career Area: Professional