Flex Pool – Meat Prep (Forklift & Truck Jockey)
Nestle PURINA Petcare Company is a “safety first” culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. As a leading pet food manufacturer, and one of the largest manufacturers within the area of Allentown, PA, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger Pet Care Category. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. As a Pouch Plant Supervisor, you will join our factory in northeastern Pennsylvania, which manufactures ALPO, and Friskies brand canned cat and dog food along with Friskies pouch products. Just 65 miles from Center City Philadelphia, Allentown – or Lehigh Valley – is in close proximity to many of the major Northeastern U.S. cities, which makes it an ideal location for manufacturing and distributing consumer goods. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Purina is truly proud to call home.
The Flex Pool – Meat Prep position safely and efficiently provides coverage on positions for absences relating to vacations, disabilities, etc., primarily in the Wet Plant Meat Prep department. This will include operation of production equipment, forklift operation, performing quality checks, and sanitation duties. One position per shift will be designated to primarily provide coverage in Meat Receiving (including Truck Jockey) and Waste Treatment. On occasion, provide coverage for absences in other departments or perform site-wide rework functions.
- Provide coverage for various positions within the Wet Plant Meat Prep departments during employee absences. Provide coverage to other areas outside of these departments as needed.
- Train with various operators on an ongoing basis to assure sufficient knowledge for providing coverage during absences.
- Communicate with regular operators and relief operators on status or any relevant quality or production issues occurring while performing the job in their absence.
- Record and report various counts accurately and properly; maintain knowledge of the quality systems and the ability to interface with computer equipment. May require knowledge of the inventory control system.
- Record production statistics and perform quality checks in accordance with established procedures as necessary when filling in for various jobs.
- Report all substandard operations, foreign objects, or mechanical operating problems to supervisor as necessary.
- Safely and efficiently clean and sanitize various areas and equipment as required. Correctly use all required protective equipment in performing sanitation as well as any hand tools issued. Be able to correctly mix and use chemicals required for sanitation. Use lock out procedures as prescribed.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work areas as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed by supervision
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 6+ months experience in a manufacturing, production, agricultural, military or related environment
- 6+ months experience driving and docking tractor trailers
Job: Flex Pool – Meat Prep (Forklift & Truck Jockey)
Primary Location: Allentown, PA US
Career Area: Hourly