Electrical Team Leader (1st Shift)
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Innovation and inspiration fill the halls of every Nestlé Purina office. We are pioneers. At our Allentown, PA factory we utilize thermal processing and high-speed canning to produce varieties of our Friskies®, Mighty Dog® and Alpo® brands – brands we have carefully produced, packaged and shipped since 1955. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Purina is truly proud to call home.
As the Electrical Team Lead (1st Shift) you will be responsible for the efficient and effective maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment located throughout the Facility. You may directly supervise approximately 8-10 union hourly employees across three shifts and additional personnel as required to accomplish assigned work. Supervisory responsibilities will include effectively organizing, coaching and managing diversified subordinates to assure integrity of assets on three-shift operation. You will also have direct impact on the maintenance budget as well as maintain and improve equipment reliability, PM compliance, job safety, cost control and skills training. The Electrical Team Leader will play an active role in continuous improvement initiatives such as TPM and NCE to ensure the highest possible efficiency of equipment within the facility.
- Primary responsibility is for the three-shift operation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems in the Wet Plant and Pouch facility to insure efficient equipment operation and increase equipment reliability wherever possible.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the standard practices, tools and terminology of the electrical trade, electrical theory, the safety hazards of the work
- Must have the ability to make repairs to complicated electrical wiring, fixtures and equipment.
- Supervise, schedule and direct the activities of contractor personnel, to include determining scope, quality, and effectiveness of work.
- Responsible for insuring that production is maintained throughout the plant, relevant to equipment reliability and operational readiness.
- Maintain Facility subsystems including: Waste Treatment, Boilers, and Electrical Substations / High Voltage Power as well as Utility Systems such as: Plant Water Supply, Air Compressors, Ammonia Refrigeration and Glycol Operating Systems, Fire Suppression Systems, HVAC.
- Utilize SAP CMMS to maintain work order and equipment histories, repair records, spare parts reviews, frequency needs and resource library.
- Responsible to insure compliance to all established work rules, company policies and that all work is performed in a safe manner and meets established safety and quality standards.
- Provide required reports and information with interpretation to assure necessary data on which to predicate decisions.
- Review job performance of subordinate’s work and periodically review results with them in order to improve performance and provide training as indicated.
- Issue and control various permitting processes throughout the facility to ensure procedures, safety and standards are followed including Permit to work, ROME cards, and other associated forms.
- Responsible for administration of the payroll function for Associates through the Kronos payroll system, ensuring hours are processed daily and absences are recorded accurately
- Responsible for administrative duties such as coaching, disciplinary activities, interpretation of policies, resolving problems, recognition etc., in a firm and uniform manner.
- Review associated General Instructions, Key Performance Indicators, and SOPs to insure compliance in the maintenance department.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
2+ years of electrical supervisory experience in a manufacturing, military or related environment.
High School Diploma or GED
Experience working and/or supervising in a union environment
Job: Electrical Team Leader (1st Shift)
Primary Location: Allentown, PA US
Career Area: Professional