Expeditor (Shop Production - Inventory)
Located in southern St. Louis County, the Nestlé Purina Support Center (NPSC) manufactures, repairs, inventories and tests the equipment used to make pet products at our factories around the world, while protecting the proprietary nature of the fabrication of Nestlé Purina production equipment. The facility utilizes a modern machine shop, an investment foundry, and a sheet metal and welding Fabrication Shop, which have allowed the site to build a sizable spare parts inventory to provide even faster service to Nestlé Purina Pet Care factories.
In this newly created role, the Expeditor will be responsible for managing the orders of material and equipment for purchase orders identified for capital projects, inspect orders upon arrival for accuracy and provide expediting for select critical deliveries or other requirements as needed.
Our people are our most important asset and – true to our culture – we believe investing in our talent is investing in our shared future. If your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
- Manage incoming mechanical and electrical purchase orders
- Verify BOM/Equipment List
- Interface with purchasing and design/production
- Validate items ordered to correct work order
- Utilize shop task as needed
- Escalate and address any late items to purchasing
- Prioritize parts needed in the assembly department
- Support other departments on as needed basis with managing incoming parts for welding and machining
- Communicate with project teams on low inventory levels or back orders
- Operate a forklift as needed to move incoming and outgoing parts
Perform all other duties as assigned.
#LI-MS Saint Louis St. Louis
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High school diploma or GED
1+ years of experience in an inventory or shipping clerk role within a warehousing, distribution, manufacturing, or military environment
Job: Expeditor (Shop Production - Inventory)
Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US
Career Area: Hourly