Production Data Coordinator (3rd Shift)
Fort Dodge is a city of 26,000 people located just an hour and a half north of Des Moines, three and a half hours south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, and 6 hours west of Chicago and is considered a regional hub for retail, recreation and industry. The city is rapidly expanding in terms of population growth and economic development.
The Fort Dodge Purina plant has been providing growth opportunities and stability to countless employees since 1975. We are deeply involved in the Fort Dodge community, providing not only careers but also shared value through our donations to local and national charities, animal shelters, schools, and medical centers, and participation in public events.
The Fort Dodge plant is a wet manufacturing facility that produces 5.5 ounce canned Friskies pet food and is one of the strongest in the division. 5.5 ounce cans are a customer favorite and keep the facility running at full capacity year round.
Most importantly, our plant upholds a strong safety ethic which is strengthened by the participation of each and every employee.
When you join the Purina plant at Fort Dodge you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
As a Production Data Coordinator you’ll work closely with Manufacturing and Materials Handling teams within the factory to support the collection, entry and reporting of manufacturing and inventory management functions. Directly impacts costing, materials requirements planning and GI performance reporting. This position will support our 3rd shift, from 11pm to 7am.
Enters and validates production data:
• Validates materials usage transactions and associated variances
• Validates declared production transactions
• Monitors and corrects failed material usage and declared production system messages
• Validates and corrects machine hours and produced qty transactions in support of manufacturing efficiency reporting
• Finalizes and complete production run data
Performs Raw and Packaging Materials Management Functions:
• Validates raw and packaging receipt information
• Initiates and manages materials movement transactions in direct support of Materials Handling associates
• Corrects system generated error messages (or unused transactions) related to Materials Handling functions
• Validates and directs stock rotation process
Performs Inventory Management Functions:
• Manages Inventory cycle count process
• Performs variance analysis and resolution
• Performs balance reconciliation between warehouse and inventory management systems
Performs Ingredient Verification Functions:
• Reconciles critical ingredients have been applied by hand each shift
• Track ingredient delivery variances and works with QA and Maintenance to correct issues
Supports Continuous improvement efforts:
• Analyzes plant floor process errors to determine root causes using SAP transactional history.
• Works with production management to develop action plans for addressing process failures.
• Provides timely feedback to plant production and material handling personnel in support of continuous improvement initiatives.
• Monitors GLOBE System Health Check indicators to insure overall system and process effectiveness.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
1+ years manufacturing/production/clerical or data experience
Job: Production Data Coordinator (3rd Shift)
Primary Location: Fort Dodge, IA US
Career Area: Professional