Logistics Support Business Partner
For more than 100 years, Purina has been revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, through innovative engineering, we literally reshaped pet care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food.
We’ll turn to you, as a Logistics Support Business Partner, to provide support to the NPPC Manufacturing and distribution functions that will significantly impact our larger mission of enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our culture continuously challenges us to Stand Taller and ask “What’s Next?” So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the ‘mix’?
- Work with the IS Team to support agency relating to systems used to manage NPPC Logistics: Warehouse Management System, Load Configurator/APAL, and SAP back office Logistical functions, Envista and ID Systems
- Pursue new technology and innovations that will help improve warehouse safety, productivity, and costs as well as facility utilization.
- Coordinate and manage 3rd party warehousing operations and used to distribute NPPC finished products
- Evaluate, coordinate and help implement logistics programs to help NPPC gain preferred supplier status with our customers. Work with Sales Group and directors of Supply Chain to maintain high levels of customer service to the trade.
- Audit plant warehouses to ensure compliance with division operating, standards, unit operating specifications and state and federal safety sanitation guidelines
- Working with Sales, product management and finish product R&D to ensure that new innovative products and packaging can be successfully handles at our plant and 3pl warehouses, our customers DCs and at retail
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Logistics
Experience (Years/Type): 5+ years’ experience in plant warehousing and distribution operations
Job: Logistics Support Business Partner
Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US
Career Area: Professional