Category Manager (Technology & Insights) – Wal Mart
In partnership with one of our core customers, we have a dynamic Category Manager opportunity primed for a high-performer with 3+ years of experience in category development or business analytics. You will partner collaboratively with one of our key customers, Walmart, to identify opportunities for growth for their entire Pet Care Category by identifying, developing, applying and supporting category tools and capabilities to be used as a competitive advantage.
Goals and Objectives:
- Ownership of local team’s capability and solutions toolkit to deliver deeper, more actionable insights more quickly.
- Improve efficiency and insights through automation of category management tools.
- Accelerate Nestle Purina Petcare’s (NPPC’s) Advanced Analytics platforms.
- Deploy solutions across category management team by coaching/training and embedding technology throughout the category management process.
- Lead business efforts to expand concept of retailer data to include loyalty, syndicated, and other relevant sources; activate initiatives to leverage for category growth.
- Report results and insights accompanied by clear, actionable plans to optimize business performance for the Pet Care Category.
- Provide input to the strategic category planning process through delivery of insights to internal team and customer.
- Develop a strategic solutions plan that will deliver new analytic capabilities and technologies to drive decision making with the customer.
- Identify and evaluate current, evolving and yet undeveloped technologies that will provide a competitive advantage for NPPC. Outline the design, role and business objective of these solutions within the broader strategic solutions plan.
- Lead the functional maintenance and process management of all existing solutions.
- Diagnose functional issues to a root cause and resolve together with partner technical resources as needed.
- Develop design diagrams, testing/debugging and systems configuration.
- Lead technology projects through to completion by developing and managing resources and timelines.
- Oversee and support the initial implementation and ongoing troubleshooting for new solutions.
- Identify, document and share best practices for technical solutions across NPPC teams.
- Manage and oversee training and support for existing category tools
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external resources to stay abreast of industry and identify new solutions for NPPC.
- Maintain working relationships with team members, internal partners, customers and others using good interpersonal skills.
- Completes on-boarding and required training on-time.
- Supports role development through active participation in share sessions, meetings and trainings
Perform all other duties as assigned
LOCATION: Candidate must be willing to relocate or reside in Northwest Arkansas – Rogers, Fayetteville, or Bentonville.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
3+ years of experience in category development, account management or business analytics. Previous people leading experience preferred.
Previous ProSpace, JDA CKB, PowerBI and Nielsen data experience strongly preferred.
Strong technical skills in the area of database management and information technology.
Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Travel up to 10% or as business needs require.
Job: Category Manager (Technology & Insights) – Wal Mart
Primary Location: Rogers, AR US
Career Area: Professional