Mechanic (2nd and 3rd Shift)
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Innovation and inspiration fill the halls of every Nestlé Purina office. We are pioneers. At our Allentown, PA factory, we utilize thermal processing and high-speed canning to produce varieties of our Friskies®, Mighty Dog® and Alpo® brands – brands we have carefully produced, packaged and shipped since 1955. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Purina is truly proud to call home.
We are currently looking to bring two new Mechanics onto our 2nd and 3rd shift maintenance teams to help support a recent factory expansion. As a Mechanic at our Allentown factory, you will receive hands-on technician training and be responsible for performing basic mechanical maintenance as directed, safely and efficiently. Qualified candidates will have a basic working knowledge of all equipment in an industrial (Wet Plant) operation and be familiar with general mechanical work including but not limited to lubrication, preventive maintenance (PM’s), repairs, and modifications.
- Have the ability to perform basic mechanical work related to the installation or repair of industrial (Wet Plant) equipment.
- Perform lubrication, preventive maintenance, and repairs as specified by an approved work order or directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Production Supervisor.
- Be able to read, follow and interpret basic types of piping schematics as well as blueprints and illustrated part’s breakdowns essential to plant operation.
- Ability to weld, burn and braze (AC-DC stick and oxygen acetylene) to a reasonable degree of strength, accuracy, and appearance.
- Be able to replace bearing, seals, shafts, drive components (e.g. sheaves, sprockets, chain, belts, etc.) throughout the Wet Plant.
- Utilize PdM (Predictive Maintenance) tools such as handheld vibration analyzer, sonic tester, laser aligner, and a thermal imager to detect and diagnose equipment issues.
- Utilize personal computers to perform job tasks associated with GLOBE, Excel, Word, Outlook, and the current Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Maintain the sanitation of the work area and comply with good manufacturing practice requirements.
- Obtain and maintain a company forklift operator’s license.
- Communicate and work closely with hourly personnel in each department and provide assistance to other workers in completing repairs wherever possible.
- Perform work in a safe and efficient manner, as a condition of employment.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
High School Diploma or GED
Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
1+ years maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial, technical, automotive, military or related environment OR a two year technical degree.
Job: Mechanic (2nd and 3rd Shift)
Primary Location: Allentown, PA US
Career Area: Hourly