Maintenance Mechanic - Maintenance Class D
Our Purina factory in Dunkirk is strategically located along Lake Erie’s Historic Chadwick Bay Harbor, which is situated 50 miles southwest of Buffalo, New York. With miles of Great Lakes waterfront and beaches, ski resorts, vineyards and boutique wineries, our associates are proud to call Dunkirk a hidden gem. Since its opening in 1971, various expansions to the processing and warehousing towers have taken place to accommodate increasing production of great brands like Pro Plan®, Beggin®, T-Bonz®, and Busy®.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, your role is to perform the preventative and routine maintenance to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. You will handle projects that span the spectrum of hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatics, and welding responsibilities. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next”?
1. Keep work area and shop clean.
2. Follow plant safety practices and demonstrate understanding and proper operation of equipment and tools.
3. Utilize ordering procedures in the Maintenance Storeroom.
4. Working knowledge of all plant electrical systems, plant welding code, plant item numbering system, and plant disconnect numbering system.
5. Move equipment using proper rigging procedures.
6. Set and align plant equipment with minimal supervision.
7. Working knowledge of all plant equipment and material flow through oral review and OJT assignments.
8. Correctly lay out install, and repair steam, air, acid and hydraulic piping systems with minimal supervision.
9. Perform both arc and gas welding procedures to weld different material thickness using various positioning techniques.
10. Layout, fabricate, and install all types of spouts, hoppers, transitions and mechanical guards.
11. Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of boiler room equipment.
12. Knowledge of plant electrical systems, including power distribution and switchgear.
13. Diagnose mechanical reasons for failure.
14. Perform maintenance on equipment without supervision.
15. Perform basic machine shop skills such as turning stops in shafts and cutting keyways.
16. Breakdown, assess and rebuild gear reducers, pumps and motors.
17. Complete assigned preventative maintenance by area and work order on a timely basis.
18. Perform other job duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Associates Degree or equivalent preferred
- 4 or more years of mechanical or related work experience.
- Associate degree and 2 or more years of mechanical or related work experience
• Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment preferred.
Job: Maintenance Mechanic - Maintenance Class D
Primary Location: Dunkirk, NY US
Career Area: Hourly